2018 High School Research Internships
Each year we offer paid internships for senior high school students during March break and the summer. These highly competitive positions are awarded to students who are interested in pursuing careers in research and who have clearly demonstrated an interest in science.
March break 2018 Internships
- Be in grade 11 or 12 in a GTA secondary school and are currently enrolled in or have completed grade 11 Biology and Chemistry
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Have a high academic standing
- Show an interest in science (i.e. participation in extracurricular science programs/clubs)
- Show evidence of pursuing a career/post secondary education in the life sciences
- Be well rounded (academics, extracurricular, work experience)
- Be available to work (at Mount Sinai Hospital) from March 12-16th, 2018 from 9:30am-5:30pm
Successful candidates will be notified by phone or email by February 19th, 2018
- Application form must be completed in full at the following website:
- Upload the following documents:
- An essay (max. 500 words) outlining: why you should be chosen to participate in this program; why you’re passionate about science; and your post-secondary and career plans for the future.
- A reference letter from a teacher **teacher reference letters can also be emailed directly to Lorien Iantomasi
- Most recent school transcript as well as most recent report card.
- Apply online by January 19th by 5pm.
- Completed online application form
- Teacher reference letter
- School transcripts
Information about our 2018 Summer internships for high school students will be available in March 2018.