Each year we offer internships for grade 11 and 12 students. These highly competitive internships are offered both at March break and in the summer. Successful March break 2019 interns have already been notified.
- Students must have successfully completed, at the minimum, Grade 11 Biology and Chemistry courses and be 16 years old by the start of the internship
- Students selected by the LTRI Research Training Centre (RTC) will be interviewed by the supervising researcher
- Successful candidates will be chosen and notified by May 17th, 2019
How to Apply
To apply to the program please provide:
– a 500 word essay outlining why you should be chosen to participate in this program; why you’re passionate about science; and your post-secondary and career plans for the future.
– an up-to-date resume, including permanent address
– a copy of your school transcript
– one reference letter from a teacher who is familiar with your academic abilities
- Reference letters can be uploaded or emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
– upload your completed application online
- APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MONDAY April 15th, 2019 (by 5PM). Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Conditions of Employment
- Students will be expected to complete an eight (8) week period of employment (July – August)
- Students will be expected to work full-time hours.
- Students will be paid $4300 for an eight (8) week period.
- The student will be required to work on a project in the laboratory, which will be assigned by the Research Faculty member they are hired by
- The student will be supervised by a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow in the laboratory
- Students will be expected to attend weekly presentations given by Faculty on current research being conducted at the Institute.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED***