Each year we offer internships for grade 11 and 12 students. These highly competitive internships are offered both at March break and in the summer. Applications for the March break internships will be available on this site starting in December 2018 and summer internship applications will be available in March 2019.
March break internships:
Students will spend the five days of March break shadowing graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in a lab at the LTRI. They will learn about the research some of Canada’s leading scientists are involved in and will have the opportunity to learn techniques used in their research. Students will be paid a stipend of $250 to participate in the program.
Applications are now open!
- Be in grade 11 or 12 in a GTA secondary school and are currently enrolled in or have completed grade 11 Biology and Chemistry
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Have a high academic standing
- Show an interest in science (i.e. participation in extracurricular science programs/clubs)
- Show evidence of pursuing a career/post secondary education in the life sciences
- Be well rounded (academics, extracurricular, work experience)
- Be available to work (at Mount Sinai Hospital) from March 11-15th, 2019 from 9:30am-5:30pm
Successful candidates will be notified by phone or email by February 20th, 2019
- Application form must be completed in full at the following website:
Upload the following documents:
- An essay (max. 500 words) outlining: why you should be chosen to participate in this program; why you’re passionate about science; and your post-secondary and career plans for the future.
- A reference letter from a teacher **teacher reference letters can also be emailed directly to Lorien Iantomasi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Most recent school transcript and report card.
- An up to date resume
Apply online by January 18th at 5pm.
Selected students are placed into a lab at the LTRI for 8 weeks during the summer. They will learn about the research their lab is involved in and will work on a small project of their own over the summer. Students will also have the opportunity to participant in LTRI seminars and events. This paid internship is highly competitive.